Thank you midnightexpressions for nominating me for the Liebster! I am truly honored, and for some reason, a little bit hungry. I feel like seafood, why is that?
The Liebster Award is all about promoting new Blogs, I love the premise! Here we go.
- Acknowledge the person who has nominated you for this award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate other deserving bloggers
- let them know you’ve nominated them
- Give 11 questions for the nominees to answer
And my responses:
Name 1 of your pet peeves?
Political correctness gone awry. I find myself thinking Archie Bunker was really onto something.
What country/landmark would you like to visit?
Both my parents emigrated (separately) to Canada from Ukraine, met, married, and the rest is history. They instilled culture and pride in our heritage growing up, and to this day, I am forever indebted.
Who is your favourite author?
Tough one, but I have to say Stephen King.
If you could be anyone in the world besides yourself, who would it be?
SpongeBob Squarepants. I cannot imagine a better person.
If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
A wolf. Not sure why, although I’m relatively confident the wolf is my spiritual animal.
What was the last show you binge watched?
An Idiot Abroad – a hilarious documentary penned by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.
Who has been the most influential person in your life?
My parents, equally. Both have been gone for some time now, but a day does not go by where their spirit does not influence me.
Would rather go to the cinema or a theatre and why?
Cinema. Before we were married I took my wife to a Broadway-like spectacular in Toronto. I had to sit sideways in the seat for 2 hours, my 6 foot, 200 lb. frame didn’t quite fit. I guess the historic theatre was built when Hobbits were more frequent visitors.
What’s your favourite part about being a blogger?
I can’t lie, ‘likes’ and ‘comments’ are wonderful, but I enjoy the fact that with each word written/published, I’ve cheated death, just a little bit.
If you had to listen to only one music genre for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
If you had to choose between living with the TV or music, which one would you choose?
Music. TV can rot the mind in large doses, music heals the damage.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
- I own two drum kits, three guitars and three piano/keyboards, and I am not good at any of them.
- I make a mean jerk chicken.
- My favorite sports team – the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, of the Canadian Football League.
- I proposed to my wife at the Union Oyster House in Boston, after we watched the Bruins (my team) defeat the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-0 at the Fleet Center.
- I saw ‘Pulp Fiction’ in theaters 7 times.
- I worked on the assembly line at the Ford plant in Oakville Ontario for three summers during university. I’ve owned Fords ever since.
- I once bought a picture frame just because the stock photo was of Phoebe Cates. I still have it.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I adore the movie ‘Joe Versus the Volcano’.
- I saw Andre the Giant wrestle Big John Stud at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto.
- I sold my first children’s story for $16 (cash) to a US publishing site, my wife framed the money.
And my nominees are:
My 11 questions:
- If you had to leave your country of residence, where would you go?
- Do you primarily write freely, then edit later, or edit each sentence compulsively as you go?
- How many selfies have you taken this month?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Who are you most like and why; Harry Potter, Frodo, Hermione Granger, Princess Leia, or Clark Griswold?
- Favorite book/novel?
- What is your second biggest regret in life?
- Which character do you most identify with in the Breakfast Club – nerd, druggie, jock, princess, weirdo, or the principal?
- What is your favorite vacation destination?
- What ‘famous person’ do you admire most, and why?
- What is your single favorite ‘overindulgence meal’?
Thanks again for the honor! Until next time,