I’m back in the land down-under-Canada…….Florida. Jimmy Buffett’s newest resort is well under way, a great excuse to re-post.
A Pirate looks at 70.
That’s right, Jimmy Buffett is turning 70.
But that hasn’t slowed his fame, energy, or his fan base. A brand new 305 acre, 750 million dollar Jimmy Buffett themed Resort is under way in Kissimmee Florida, near Disney’s Animal Kingdom, proof positive that the Parrothead lifestyle is still very much in demand. The enormous Resort is expected to open in 2017, with additional construction, including a public access waterpark, phased in over the next four years.
Here’s some of what’s on tap:
- 175 hotel rooms, 500 vacation rental homes, 300 time shares
- 60 acre recreational lake with beach area
- 12 acre water park with a 3 acre lagoon-style pool
- ‘Son of a Sailor’ fishing school, paddle boarding and kayaking
- St. Somewhere Spa
- FinCity Arcade
- Margaritaville themed wedding pavilion
- 170,000 square feet of retail space
While there are other Jimmy Buffett branded restaurants and hotels in…
View original post 275 more words